Join us in our quest to become Best on Water
BW Pacific is a leading provider of maritime energy transportation services with a substantial fleet of product tankers. We apply our competence and experience in commercial management and operations to offer customers the best solution to their energy transportation challenges. The company is a joint venture formed by BW Group, a leading global provider of maritime energy transportation, and PAG (Pacific Alliance Group).
We have a fleet of more than 40 product tankers in the MR and LR1 range, and with our focus on growth we further have newbuildings on order. Our organisation has offices in Houston, Copenhagen and Singapore and you will be working in a global environment with colleagues across the globe, both on shore and on our vessels.
Embark on a career with one of the world’s leading product tanker companies. Join us as:
Senior Demurrage Specialist
- Ensure all claims and revenue are raised per charter party terms within time barred period
- Collection of freight when vessel complete discharge
- Calculate and raise demurrage invoice in accordance with charter party contracts / terms
- Verify and raise miscellaneous claims in accordance with charter party contracts / terms
- Raise external time charter hire and charterer’s account item per contracts / terms
- Raise external bareboat hire invoices and process time charter in / bareboat charter invoices
- Responsible for timely collection of all claims
- Liaise with internal legal team, P&I and FDD clubs
- Analyse each counter from charterers on all claims and draft appropriate response in accordance to agreed clauses / terms in charter party
- Maintain demurrage library for charter party clauses
- Prepare and analyse weekly reports on freights, hire and demurrage income / claim status
- Support the department to enhance and streamline interdepartmental processes and procedures
- Process brokerage payments
- Various administrative tasks as asigned by management
Ideal candidate : qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor Degree or minimum Diploma in Maritime studies, Maritime law, Finance or related discipline
- 5 or more years of industry experience, preferably within the product tankers segment
- Possess strong commercial aptitude and good working knowledge of Maritime law
- An eye for details, good with numbers and systematic
- A strong team player who can also work independently
- Driven and self-motivated to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills with solid verbal and written communication skills
- IMOS experience preferred
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please email your detailed resume in MS Word format stating your current, expected remuneration and notice period to email@example.com. In your application, please state the 'Job Title' as shown above in your subject heading.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.