At BW, we offer challenging work in an international environment with a team of dedicated, competent colleagues. If our mission resonates with you, we would be delighted to hear from you.
A Career with BW
Shipping is a global industry connecting world markets. It is international and dynamic, and it offers many career opportunities.
For those with a technical inclination, there are prospects in naval architecture, marine engineering or marine surveying. Those with a commercial and business focus can choose to specialise in ship financing, ship chartering, maritime law, and sales and purchase. And those who prefer a career at sea can choose to be deck officers, engineers or crew.
At BW, we offer challenging work in an international environment with a team of dedicated, competent colleagues.
Diversity and Talent Management
We encourage diversity in our workforce, reflecting the global nature of our business. We recognise that diversity can help to drive improved performance and business success.
We recognise that the success of BW rests with each employee’s ability to provide the necessary skills and confidence within the team, and our training is tailored to suit individual needs and career aspirations.
We offer a wide range of learning opportunities at BW, including:
- Technical programmes to ensure employees develop and maintain the skills required for their role
- Soft skills training to assist with people management, time management and effective communication
- Shore and vessel attachments to provide opportunities for employees to work on board a ship or ashore for a short period of time
- Leadership development courses to equip staff with the necessary skills needed in their roles
- Education assistance programmes to provide employees with the opportunity to equip themselves with additional knowledge relevant to their job